Did one of your projects recently change and with it your budgets? Here we will walk you through how you can edit budgets one by one, in bulk and how you can import new budgets.
Note: This can only be done by a "Finance" or "Company Admin" user.
Adjusting a budget amount
- Go to the "Budgets" page in the top menu-bar (This might differ depending on what your Budget Alias is configured as)
- Click the budget you want to change
- Click on "Edit Budget"
- Raise or lower the "Budget Amount" as needed
- Remember to Save
Editing multiple budgets using the Import tool
To edit multiple budgets:
Urgent: Never change the values in the id column,
If you are assigning approvers, please be sure to use their email addresses, not their usernames.
When Setting end dates, the date format has to be the same as to what was specified in your company settings
When adding/editing departments in the spreadsheet make sure that the department's name is spelledexactly the same as it is in the app, since the app is case sensitive.
- Navigate to the "Budgets" tab
- Scroll down and click on "Export Budgets"
- Open the file in an app like Google Sheets, or Excel
- Update fields for any budget as needed
- Download the updated spreadsheet as a .csv (comma-separated value) file
- Back in ProcurementExpress.com, go to the "Budgets" page in the top menu-bar
- Scroll down and click on "Import Budget"
- Click Choose File and select the spreadsheet, or drag and drop it onto the "Choose File" button
- You will be presented with a preview where you can do a last-minute spot check
- Once you're satisfied click on "Upload"
Still have a few questions? Use the Live Chat icon in the bottom right corner or alternatively send an email to email@example.com to get in touch with one of our Support Representatives. Have a feature suggestion? We'd love to hear from you! Add your feature suggestion on feedback.procurementexpress.com.